DIY Doggy Barkuterie Board
How to make a Doggy "Barkuterie" Board
By now we have all probably seen the growing trend of charcuterie boards. People bring them to parties, work events, and more. But have you seen the ne trend, barkuterie boards? That’s right, us crazy dog lovers have done it again! We have found ways to involve our dogs in some of our most loved excitements. Doggy charcuterie boards are so fun to customize and even more fun when you get to see your pup enjoy it!
What Goes Into Making A Barkuterie Board?
There’s really only 3 things you need in order to make an aesthetically pleasing and delicious board: a pretty platter, some yummy snacks, and a hungry pup! Now if we really get down to the details, you might need a few more things.
- A Signature Item: This will serve as your main piece for the board. It could be a big birthday treat, a pupcake, or a specialty cookie. Our Birthday Cake Mix would be quite helpful.
- Dried Treats: A nice high quality treat or jerky is perfect for bringing diversity into your board. Try out our Pet Gourmet Freeze Dried Meats or our Jerky Treats!
- Favorite Treats: Be sure to add in a variety of your dogs most loved treats. Different shapes, textures, and colors really bring the board to life! Our Baked Functional Treats would be great or even some chews broken into smaller pieces.
- Fruits & Veggies: Doggy safe, of course. Try apple slices, sliced strawberries, or a small pile of blueberries.
- Protein: This wouldn’t be a charcuterie board without the protein! Cook up some plain turkey and cut it into nice sized pieces for your pup. To make it even easier, crack open a can of our Canned Foods and use a scooper to make pretty dollops on your board.
- Finishing Touches: Drizzle on some plain yogurt, peanut butter, or even add some cottage cheese!
Why Should I Make A Barkuterie Board?
Well for one obvious reason, because you love your dog more than anything! But really, a barkuterie board can be made for so many different reasons and occasions. Celebrate Gotcha Day, Birthdays, Holidays, or just celebrate any day that ends with "y"! Be sure to snap a picture before you let your dog go to town on your beautiful and tasty creation. We are sure it will be instagram worthy and something fun and new to show off! Make sure your tag @thepetgourmet so we can see your work!