DIY Tug-of-War Dog Toy
This fun, kid-friendly activity is best done using strips of fleece. If you don't have any fleece on hand, you can just cut up old t-shirts or jeans into strips to create this fun dog toy.
- Cut three strips that are 28 inches long and 5-6 inches wide per toy
- Please provide adult supervision while using scissors for children under 10
How to Make Fleece Tug Toys for Dogs
All you will need for this DIY fleece dog toy is your fleece or fabric strips and someone to help you hold it while you braid.
1. Separate and place your fleece on a flat surface with each strand next to each other
2. Next, stack them on top of each other, neatly
3. Grab the fleece about 6 inches down from the end and tie a knot
- Ask for help if you need it and pull the knot to make it nice and tight!
4. Place your fleece down on a flat surface with the knot on the farthest side and ask a helper to hold the knot for you while you begin to braid
5. Separate the strands and cross the outside strand into the center and then do the same on the opposite sides strand until you have braided it almost all the way down. Stop braiding when you have about 4-5 inches left. It might be helpful to say and repeat this out loud while you braid, “Right to the middle. Left to the middle.”
- If you make a mistake, don’t worry! You can VERY easily fix it! Just unbraid it and start over. You can’t mess it up! You’ve got this!!
6. At the end, tie a nice tight knot again!
Wow! You did it! You are an expert now!