DIY Superfood Gravy Recipe for Dogs
Superfood Gravy for Dogs
You are going to love this simple gravy recipe so much that you may make it often as a wonderful superfood food topper for your The Pet Gourmet food!
The liver in this recipe is a great source of vitamin E and the peas offer vitamin B, Thiamin, phosphorous, and potassium.
So, why make a special gravy for Fido? Simply put, it's because the gravy we love usually contains ingredients that can make your dog sick. So nevermind those! We will help you create a dog-safe version that will have him/her so grateful this Thanksgiving that they will be bringing their bowl back for seconds!
All you'll need is:
- 3 cups of water
- 1 Tbsp oil - sunflower, coconut, flaxseed or olive oil will do nicely
- 1 lb of ground turkey meat
- 4 oz of liver
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- You will also need a frying pan and a blender and an ice cube tray
- Once you have gathered all your ingredients you will need to heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add your ground turkey and liver and cook until browned.
- When your meats are browned go ahead and add your frozen peas and the 3 cups of water. Cover with a lid and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove your pan from the heat and let it cool slightly, and then scoop the mixture into your blender and blend until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature if you will be serving the gravy right away.
- Fill an ice cube tray with the rest of your gravy and freeze into easy to grab servings! Simply heat to room temperature before adding to food.
You can keep your gravy cubes in the freezer for up to 2 months and use it as you please! So simple, right?
And Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at The Pet Gourmet